Friday, April 30, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel

I see the light! I do see it! I can't believe that I am on the countdown to my daughter's prom. I took on a very adventurous project this year for my daughter's prom. We bought a beautiful plain peacock colored gown and I decided to bead it. I have been working on this dress for several weeks now and have finally come to the last 3 inches of beading, the prom is tomorrow. I will be frantically working today to finish the last bit and then hem the dress. I am so proud of the work that I have done, but man was this a bigger project than I thought! It didn't help that I was procrastinating it! It seems like that is what I do lately when I have any project looming over me, I wait until the last minute and run around frantically trying to get it done. I should learn from this that it just makes me too crazy to wait, just do a little daily and their will be no anxiety the week before the deadline! If only I would learn...
Here is just a sampling of what the beading looks like from the back of the dress. It is beaded all the way around to the front and over the shoulders, until the straps start pleading, then I did a decorative finish with the beads so that the pleading can be showcased. I am really happy with the results, but now I must go and finish...just a few short hours of beading to go. Gotta finish in time!

No comments: