Friday, April 16, 2010

My weekly post!

So I have decided that the best I can do is to write on my blog once a week. I would like to get to the point where I am posting at least 2 times a week, but for now I have to be happy with just once weekly till I can find some more time to post more. I feel that this week past by so quickly, it seems that the older I get the fast time flies!
I have been busy creating this week in between my sewing project. I decided to bead my daughter's prom dress this year. She has always wanted a really beaded dress and I think they cost too much money so I am doing the beading myself to save on the cost. Well it is not saving on the work! OMG! I did not realize how much time it takes to do the beading. I am only beading the top portion of the dress but am concerned that I will not get it done in time...I have 2 weeks left and I am not quite half finished! Yikes, gotta get my beading on and fast!!! I have also been juggling other projects like working on my daughter's senior album. I want it done by graduation so I have about 6 weeks left. Think I will put that down for the next 2 weeks so that the dress is priority. I have also been busy with birthdays, this month we have a million birthdays and I have been busy making cards for all my family and friends. It has been fun to make the cards, but has taken lots of time. Here are a few pictures to share of the cards and the scrapbook pages I made.
Used my cricut machine and the Celebrations cartridge to cut the candles and the scallop tag. The entire card is made using scraps. I am so proud of myself for digging through all my scraps and actually finding enough that matched to make the card!
I am using a collection of papers and embellishments for my daughter's album from Heidi Grace called "cheerful bee". I think it fits my daughter's bright and cheery personality so well. I have about 400 photos that I want to use for the album so I am going to make the pages a little simple so that I can get many photos on a page.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! I am off work, but am doing hair for a wedding on Saturday, should be fun!

No comments: