Thursday, June 23, 2011

My monthly card swap

Hello! I have fallen a little short this week on my posting. We have had a little bit of a crazy busy week and I have been just a wee bit stressed! We have family visiting for the week and Devon goes to Rockband camp and Miranda works everyday. They both have to be at a different place at the same time...Dan has a new job and he can't help with carpool. Making me a little stressed!!! Thank goodness it is Thursday and we are almost done with this week.

I wanted to share my monthly card swap card with you today. I had so much fun with this month's theme and really took a lot of time doing different techniques.
I used Stampin up cameo coral, tempting turquoise, creamy caramel, and white cardstock for the card. I tore the creamy caramel edges, then ran it through my cuttlebug to emboss and inked the edges. The waves were done on white cardstock and sprayed with turquoise glimmer mist then stamped with the wave pattern and hand cut. The white cardstock was dry embossed with the swirls folder to give the effect of waves. I stamped the surf boards and hand cut them. Then used my cricut cart Accent Essentials to cut the sun and chalked it with tones of yellow and red to make it pop, then stamped it with the sentiment. Think this was one of my most favorite cards, lots and lots of techniques to keep me busy making 10 of them!!!

1 comment: