Monday, January 4, 2010

A new week and why do I still feel sick?

I thought I was starting the new year off right, but I came home from work on Saturday with a sore throat. It is now Monday and I have a stuffy nose, sneezing, and sore throat. I am sick again! Yikes! The flu got me down several weeks ago, but hopefully this is just a cold. Still though it has slowed me down some, took a 3 hour nap yesterday and just not feeling like myself. I have so much on my to do list that will just have to wait a couple more days. I gotta just take this nudge from God telling me to slow down and rest a little.So I know it sounds funny but today I am thankful to be sick, it is my nudge to take a chill pill and enjoy the down time, that I never allow myself.
So to keep up with my grateful journal:
1. thankful to be sick
2. my kids go back to school tomorrow
3. for friends
4. my job that I truly love, even though some days I don't want to go!
5. Jammie days, I have had so many of them lately!

Below is a picture of another apron I made and gave as a gift to my online Cricut group, we had a Secret Santa swap and I made this along with giving some fun, scrapbook goodies! I actually made this the week I was sick with the flu on the last day before I finally felt better. It turned out to be my favorite one!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Feel better, but enjoy your down time too.

Unknown said...

PRETTY!!!! You are so good! OMB