Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Gift Albums

I worked on 2 gift albums for my parents for their Christmas present this year. Unfortunate for me I never start my albums early enough where I really get to enjoy the making process.  Instead I am rushing around last minute trying to get it done!  These 2 albums were no exception.  I started them about a week before Christmas and finished them on the Friday before Christmas.  So they took about 6 days to make.  Of course I really only had time in the evenings to work on them.  Work kind of got in the way!!!  I made both albums the same so that essentially I would create one page and then make a copy for the 2nd page.  That definitely made the process go much quicker.  Luckily I have hoarded scrapbook supplies for a while and I just so happened to have 2 8x8 purple DCWV albums.  Think I scored them for only $2 a piece at Joann's on clearance several years ago.  Love when I get a good deal like that and then actually use it.  I managed to only buy a spool of ribbon, a packet of flowers, and 10 sheets of cardstock.  The rest of the supplies I had at home!  I was really surprised at how much stuff I had that matched and could work with the albums.  I did decide to keep the pages really simple and not dress them up too much.  Saving time and product.  I also knew it would be quicker if I kept the pages simple.  So in no particular order here are the pages in the album.  I did run out of time so the last page of the album is a pocket page with extra photos.  And if I did not mention before these are photos from our annual Christmas card photo shoot. I was so please with them I wanted to do an entire album!























1 comment:

LisiB said...

this mini is adorable! love your color scheme